Lucky Leprechaun Green Juice Recipe
This recipe is just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, which coincidentally also happens to be my Grandma’s birthday! A double celebration. I like it. Now, before you go off shopping, dicing and juicing, let me tell you that THIS green juice is not like the others. Not only does it taste like a your favorite beach’s tiki hut special, it’s also chalk full of vitamins and minerals such as:
Vitamin A, Vitamin B6 and Thiamin (Vitamin B1), Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and Manganese.
Every single ingredient in this drink brings a lot, as you can see from above, to the (kitchen) table, but I wanted to highlight a few of the ones you might look at, cock your head to the side and go “really?”. Check it out.
Mint – Has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. So on top of being great for digestion,respiration, and headaches, it’s also wonderful for your hair and skin.
Ginger – Did you know it’s been used medicinally in many Eastern cultures at at least 2000 years? That’s a pretty darn good review for ginger in an of itself. But for those that want straight-up, modern-science facts, here you go. It’s a rich source of antioxidants. It has anti-inflammatory properties (for pain relief), stimulates digestion, helps strengthen immunity, and helps regulate blood sugar (can you tell I really like ginger?!).
Lemon – Has an Alkalizing effect on the body which means it helps balance your body’s PH level. It’s also linked to kidney stone prevention and good digestion.
Avocado – High in heart healthy monounsaturated fats (beneficial fatty acids) which also help you feel satiated after a meal. Don’t fear the fat guys!
So there you go, a little ancient wisdom plus a little modern science all in one really spectacularly beneficial glass of Lucky Leprechaun Green Juice.
- 1 mango
- 1/4 pineapple
- 2 heaping handfuls of spinach
- 2 oz fresh mint
- 1 piece fresh ginger (about 1/2 the size of your thumb)
- 1 lemon
- 1 romaine heart
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 avocado
- In a juicer, juice all ingredients EXCEPT the avocado.
- Dump as much of your juice as you can into a large blend, add in the avocado and blend.
- Perform a forward bend stretch for 90 seconds as you let it all merge into creamy deliciousness in the blender.
- Pour into 2-3 mason jars and save until you're ready to down it! Make sure to drink within 3-4 days of juicing.
- If you don't have a juicer, this tastes great as a smoothie as well. Just make sure you blend it up really well, otherwise you'll get random bits of lettuce and spinach sticking to your teeth, like me...