Aphrodisiac-Packed Avo-Melon Salad
Well if you’ve been following along with our FB series: “6 Days & 6 Ways” on how to celebrate Valentine’s Day Healthfully and Happily this year, then you probably saw yesterday’s post, “6 Aphrodisiacs to Seduce Your Sweetie this Valentine’s Day”, which included: chocolate, avocado, watermelon, pine-nuts, oysters and chili peppers. Today’s “Avo-Melon Salad” recipe uses 3 of those ingredients to create an aphrodisiac-packed salad. So whether you’re seducing a sweetie or your very own taste buds, this is most certainly a palette pleaser!
- 1/4 Watermelon
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Handful Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- 1 TBS Salt (I like Sea Salt or Pink Salt)
- 1 tspn Chili Powder
- If you haven't already, slice your watermelon into quarters. And now slice that into cubes or triangles. Either one works. Put your cubes/triangles into a large bowl and set it to the side.
- Slice your avocado in half. Remove the pit. Peel off the skin (you should literally be able to peel it off with your hands if it's ripe) and slice into half moons (like I did) or into cubes. Mix into the same bowl as the watermelon.
- Give your cilantro a rough chop and toss it in with the watermelon and avocado.
- Sprinkle the whole thing with chili powder and salt and toss the whole thing to your heart's content.